Patreon is a membership platform that allows creators to earn a recurring monthly income from their fans. Creators can offer exclusive content, early access, behind-the-scenes looks, and more to their patrons. Patreon has become a popular way for creators to monetize their work, and it has helped thousands of creators achieve financial success.
However, Patreon is not the only platform out there that creators can use to monetize their audience. There are a number of other great platforms that offer similar features and benefits. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of Patreon, and we will introduce 11+ brilliant Patreon alternatives that creators can use to monetize their audience.
Here are the 11+ best Patreon alternatives:
There are a number of great Patreon alternatives out there, some of which offer lower fees and more features than Patreon. Here are a few of the best Patreon alternatives:
- SubscribeStar: This platform offers a lower commission rate than Patreon (5%) and it also allows creators to accept tips. It is a good option for creators who want to offer exclusive content to their fans, but it also has a wide range of features that can be used by creators of all types. Some of the creators who are using SubscribeStar successfully include:
- The Philip DeFranco Show: This YouTube channel has over 6 million subscribers and uses SubscribeStar to offer exclusive content to its patrons.
- The Jimquisition: This video game review show has over 1 million subscribers and uses SubscribeStar to offer early access to reviews and other exclusive content.
- Ko-fi: This platform is a great option for creators who want to offer one-off payments or tips. It is a simple platform that is easy to set up and use. Some of the creators who are using Ko-fi successfully include:
- Jenna Marbles: This YouTuber has over 20 million subscribers and uses Ko-fi to accept tips from her fans.
- Markiplier: This YouTuber has over 29 million subscribers and uses Ko-fi to accept tips from his fans.
- OnlyFans: Best Patreon Alternatives and This Platform Is Specially Designed for Creators who want to offer exclusive content to their fans. It is a popular platform for creators who want to share adult content, but it can also be used by creators of all types. Some of the creators who are using OnlyFans successfully include:
- Bella Thorne: This actress and singer has over 20 million followers on OnlyFans and earns millions of dollars per month from her subscribers.
- Ricky Dillon: This YouTuber has over 4 million subscribers and uses OnlyFans to offer exclusive content to his fans.
- FanCentro: This platform is similar to OnlyFans, but it also allows creators to sell physical products and services. It is a good option for creators who want to offer a wider range of content to their fans. Some of the creators who are using FanCentro successfully include:
- Amouranth: This Twitch streamer has over 2 million followers on FanCentro and earns millions of dollars per month from her subscribers.
- Naughty By Nature: This hip-hop group has over 1 million followers on FanCentro and sells exclusive merchandise to their fans.
- Kickstarter: This platform is not specifically designed for creators, but it can be a great way to raise money for a project. It is a good option for creators who are launching a new product or service, or who are raising money for a creative project. Some of the creators who have successfully used Kickstarter include:
- Exploding Kittens: This card game was successfully funded on Kickstarter and has since become a global phenomenon.
- The Veronica Mars Movie: This movie was successfully funded on Kickstarter and was released in theaters in 2014.
- Memberful: This platform allows creators to sell subscriptions through their own website. It is a good option for creators who want to have more control over their brand and their audience. Some of the creators who are using Memberful successfully include:
- The Knowledge Project: This educational website sells subscriptions to its online courses.
- The Abstract: This podcast sells subscriptions to its premium content.
- Mighty Networks: This platform allows creators to build their own online communities. It is a good option for creators who want to connect with their fans on a deeper level. Some of the creators who are using Mighty Networks successfully include:
- Marie Forleo: This entrepreneur and author has built a successful online community on Mighty Networks.
- The Yoga Journal: This magazine has built a thriving online community on Mighty Networks.
- Gudspendium: This platform is a great option for creators who want to offer micro-donations. It is a simple platform that is easy to set up and use. Some of the creators who are using Gudspendium successfully include:
- The Nerdist: This website sells micro-donations to support its podcast and video content.
- The Onion: This satirical news website sells micro-donations to support its work.
- Buy Me a Coffee: Buy Me a Coffee is a platform that enables creators to receive support from their fans through one-time payments. It offers features like membership subscriptions, digital downloads, and integrations with popular tools, providing a seamless monetization experience.
- Liberapay: Liberapay is a donation-based platform that allows creators to receive recurring financial support from their fans. It operates on a “pay what you want” model, fostering a community-driven approach to audience monetization.
- Steady: Steady is a platform that helps creators build a sustainable income by offering memberships, merchandise, and crowdfunding opportunities. It provides analytics and audience engagement tools to support creators in growing their revenue.
- Gumroad: Great Patreon Alternatives to Gumroad, a versatile platform that enables creators to sell digital products, subscriptions, and physical goods directly to their audience. It offers customization options, analytics, and marketing tools, making it an excellent choice for monetizing your audience.
- Podia: Podia is a platform designed specifically for creators selling digital products, online courses, and memberships. It provides an all-in-one solution for building and monetizing your audience, with features like email marketing, analytics, and content hosting.
- Drip: Drip is a platform that focuses on helping creators monetize their email newsletters. It offers features like subscription tiers, content gating, and audience analytics, providing creators with a dedicated space to engage and monetize their readers.
- PledgeManager: PledgeManager is a platform that specializes in crowdfunding and pledge management for creators. It supports various types of campaigns, including those for board games, comics, and other creative projects, allowing creators to monetize their work through crowdfunding efforts.
Pros & Cons of using Patreon
Here are some of the pros of using Patreon:
- It is a well-established platform with a large user base.
- It offers a variety of features that creators can use to engage with their patrons.
- It is easy to set up and use.
Here are some of the cons of using Patreon:
- It takes a 5% to 12% commission on all earnings.
- It can be difficult to get started if you don’t have a large following.
- The platform can be complex to navigate.
Here are some factors you should consider when choosing a Patreon alternative:
- Your target audience: What kind of content do you create? Who are your fans? Some platforms are better suited for certain types of creators or audiences. For example, OnlyFans is a popular platform for creators who want to share adult content, while Kickstarter is a good option for creators who are launching a new product or service.
- Your budget: Some platforms have higher fees than others. If you’re on a tight budget, you’ll want to choose a platform with lower fees.
- Your needs: What features are important to you? Some platforms offer more features than others. For example, SubscribeStar allows creators to accept tips, while Memberful allows creators to sell subscriptions through their own website.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start to narrow down your choices. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your chosen platform:
- Set clear goals: What do you want to achieve with your Patreon alternative? Once you know your goals, you can start to create content and set up rewards that will help you achieve them.
- Promote your page: Let your fans know about your Patreon alternative. You can promote your page on your website, social media, and in your email newsletters.
- Engage with your patrons: Keep your patrons engaged by providing them with exclusive content, early access, and other benefits. You can also use your platform to host live Q&As, contests, and other events.
By following these tips, you can use a Patreon alternative to monetize your audience and achieve your goals.
Here are some additional tips:
- Start small: Don’t try to do too much too soon. Start with a few tiers and a small number of rewards. As your audience grows, you can add more tiers and rewards.
- Be creative: Don’t be afraid to get creative with your rewards. Think about what your fans would really want, and offer them something that they can’t get anywhere else.
- Be consistent: Keep creating great content and engaging with your patrons. The more consistent you are, the more likely your patrons are to stay subscribed.
There are many great Patreon alternatives out there, and each one has its own unique benefits. By exploring your options, you can find the platform that is right for you and your audience.
Here are some of the benefits of using a Patreon alternative:
- Lower fees: Some platforms have lower fees than Patreon, which can save you money.
- More features: Some platforms offer more features than Patreon, which can give you more control over your content and your audience.
- More control: With some platforms, you have more control over your brand and your audience.
- More flexibility: With some platforms, you have more flexibility in how you set up your rewards and how you interact with your patrons.
I encourage you to explore your options and find the platform that is right for you. There is no one-size-fits-all solution, so it is important to find the platform that meets your specific needs.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for reading!
Spread the article love! Share with your tribe. Like & follow our social media page (facebook, Instagram, twitter& Reddit)for updates. Don’t miss Our Lifetime Deals Page! Let’s embrace knowledge, connection, and exclusive offers together!